- As always its hard to keep up with the amount of Fairs that are going on so I've tried to create a varied list here and have included some of the big monthly antique fairs. I hope it helps!
First up is the Brighton Vintage Fair held at the Corn Exchange, Brighton Sunday February 10th. Doors open 12-5pm. There will be 60 stalls of some of the best vintage dealers selling vintage clothing, vintage accessories and vintage homeware plus there will be a vintage tea party and vintage beauty parlour. To book your appointment at the parlour email: email@example.com
- There is also a chance to win £50 to spend at The Brighton Vintage Fair plus free entry for two, hair and make up styling and tea and cakes for two just by signing up to their Brighton mailing list by clicking the link: Brighton Vintage Fair Newsletter
Very small selection of stallholders at Kempton
Next is a twice monthly Antiques Market that opens VERY early but is FREE entry! Sunbury Antiques Market is held at Kempton Racecourse and the next market is Tuesday February 12th. Gates open at 6.30am and it is advised to get there early as stallholders can start to pack up between 1pm-2pm.
It has well over 700 stallholders with 350 stalls throughout the indoor halls and over 350 stalls (all on hard standings) in the outside drive in area. There is always a vast range of antique goods on offer including furniture, gold and silverware, jewellery, ceramics, kitchenallia, vintage and vintage fashion, garden ephemera, clocks, paintings, cameras books and much, much more. Lots of antiques dealers buy from Kempton but it is also perfect for general collectors, interior designer and prop buyers. Be warned, take lots of money as there is ALWAYS so much to buy! Plus you may see a famous face or two. I saw Richard E. Grant (yummy) and Nick Frost (funny) last time scouring the stalls for bargains. You can also find Sunbury Antiques Market on Facebook. (photo courtesy of Sunbury Antiques)
- On Saturday 16th February, Vintage and Very Nice open their doors again at 10am at the Assembly Rooms, Chichester. They pride themselves on always being FREE ENTRY and they have a selection of traders, artists and craft people to bring vintage to you and your home. Plus as always there is the tea room, essential to regenerise after all that shopping (that's my excuse anyway!)
The Sandown Park Vintage and Antique Fair is another great fair for dealers and the public alike. It is run by Wonder Whistle Ltd and they have fairs on Sundays and Tuesdays throughout the year. The next fair will be Sunday February 17th. Doors open at 10pm. There are 300 stallholders on a Tues and 200 on a Sunday who sell everything from antiques, vintage, textiles, furniture, jewellery, glass, silver, crockery, collectables, treen and much more Very nice fair with sociable opening times too!
A fair which I have been going to for years is The iacf Antiques and Collectors Fair. It is a 2 day event held at Ardingly, South of England showground and is the largest Antiques and Collectors Market in the South East with over 1700 stallholders, antique and vintage heaven! Be aware though that if you go on Tuesday then the entrance fee is £20 (gives entry to Wed too) whereas Wednesday is only £5 and you can sometimes get 2 for 1 offers. The fair attracts a range of local, national and international dealers and you can find anything here, my home proves it! The next fair date is Tuesday19th February. Gates open at 9am (I think)
On Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th February is the Detling International Antiques and Collectors Fair held at the Kent County Showground. Gates open at 8.30am (trade) and 10am (public) on Saturday and 10am Sunday. I haven't been here for a while and rediscovered it whilst I was researching the fairs. I have bought a few nice collectable items from here and find it very good for smalls. A nice selection of dealers too.
- I was lucky enough to have a stall at the Vintage and Handmade Christmas Fair in December and now they're back with the Original Vintage and Handmade Textile and Fashion Fair.
- The fair is on Saturday 23rd February and doors open at 10am.
- This fair is a must visit for anyone interested in vintage fashion & home textiles, sewing or creating and there will be dozens of stalls selling vintage fabric, vintage fashion and accessories, textile artists and haberdashery dealers. A great day out for all!
I'm very pleased to say that the Sussex Country Brocante will be back on Thursday 28th February. Doors open 11am. If you love country antique furniture, vintage home ware, vintage clothes, antique textiles and so much more then this is the fair for you PLUS I'm having a stall too! Held in the delightful village of Wisborough Green, its a lovely day out.
- The one I've been looking forward to since last year, The Vintage Bazaar! On Saturday March 2nd, The Vintage Bazaar will be at the Corn Exchange in the lovely Wiltshire town of Devizes. Doors open at 9.30am. This is a new location for the Bazaar and they will be welcoming a huge array of sellers including your truly! Others include The Washerwoman, Blue Zinnia, Betty and Violet, Hesta Nesta, All things Vintage and Beautiful, Rosiebud Decorative Vintage and many more.
- There are plenty of vintage, antique and interior shops in the town so check out Devizes Divas which gives information on shopping in Devizes and make a whole day of it. You can NEVER have enough vintage!
A new fair that I literally found out about last night is The Cuckfield Vintage Emporium, run by Darcy who also co organises Village-Vintage. I've already booked my place as I so enjoyed her last fair in Ditchling. The Emporium will be held on Friday 8th March at the Queen's Hall, High Street, Cuckfield. Doors open at 11am. There will be an assortment of stall holders selling vintage home and garden wares, collectables and clothing plus there will a cafe serving homemade cakes, teas and coffees. Cuckfield also has some nice shops so a nice way to end the day, more shopping!
Saturday March 9th sees the return of K & A Pop Up Vintage. Doors open at 10.30am and there will be over 50 stallholders offering all sorts of vintage loveliness including, you've guessed it, me! I am going to be one seriously tired vintage bunny by the end of the week. As always the fair will be held at Adastra Hall, Keymer and there will be a pop up tearoom, local florist, Linen, fabric, vintage painted furniture, kitchenalia, you name it and it will be there!
- Other fairs include:
|Detling International Antique & Collectors Fair|
- The Vintage Bazaar Textile and Rag Market - North Cadbury - Sat 9th March 9am
- Wonderwhistle - Sandown Park - Sunday 10th March, 10am
- Sunbury - Kempton - Tuesday 12th March, 6.30am
- Detling Flea - Kent showground - Sunday 17th March, 8.30am
- The Sussex Brocante - Wisborough Green - Thursday 21st March, 11am
- Country Fair & Antiques - Loxwood Village Hall - Friday 22nd March, 10am
- Vintage and Handmade Jumble Sale - Rangeworthy - Saturday 23rd March, 10am
- Arun Fairs - Fontwell Park Racecourse - Sunday 24th March, 9am
- Belles Vintage Wedding Fair - Hove Town Hall - Sunday 24th March, 11am
- Vintage and Very Nice Market Bazaar - Chichester Assembly Rooms - Saturday 30th March, 10am
I hope this helps you plan your diaries for the next couple of months. Please make sure you check all the websites for opening and closing times and for entry fees.
- Happy Hunting Everyone, see you at a fair soon (and if you happen to see Richard E. Grant on your travels please tell him there is a Faded Rose that thinks he's rather nice!)
|Richard E. Grant Courtesy of lastminute.com|