Monday 3 March 2014

Parkinson's UK Charity walk.

On April 6th Mark and I are taking part in a 10k walk at Wilton House Wiltshire to raise funds for Parkinson's UK. This is a charity close to my heart as my mum lived with Parkinson's Disease for 17 years so I know first hand how debilitating this disease is. People often think that Parkinson's is something only elderly people suffer from but my mum was only 49 when she was diagnosed and whilst I am unable to help her now, I hope that by taking part in fundraising events I can help to raise awareness and funds for the many thousands of people who face the challenges of Parkinson's every day. My mum was an inspiration to me and I am doing the walk in her memory.


I am hoping to raise at least £250 and am asking my lovely blog readers and Facebook friends to help me reach that target by giving a donation to:

http://www.justgiving.com/Fiona-Newman

Thank you so much in advance for your support, it really is much appreciated :)

I will keep you updated with any news. I have already started training as apparently it is quite a demanding walk and the result was me caked in mud as you can see from the photo of my boots, I'm praying for a dry day on the 6th April!




Love Fi.xxx

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Fi. I've just popped over and made my contribution. I think you're gonna smash your target :)

    Jean xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jean, very much appreciated. Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete